Summer coding camps provide a real-world technology experience that puts students in the role of creating and designing with technology. In addition to developing in-demand technical and 21st century skills, the students are exposed to Northeast Ohio companies and information about educational and career pathways in the region. Students will be selected for each camp based on their applications, essay and teacher’s recommendation. Enrollment is limited to 20 students at each camp session.
This year there are two options:
1. C# Coding Camp – This camp will introduce high school students to C# programming and computer science concepts. Students will learn by doing, with hands-on labs and challenges that are based on real problems that software developers encounter every day. Students will use the industry standard Visual Studio integrated development environment throughout their camp experience. The camp will conclude with the completion of a final project with set criteria. The Baldwin Wallace College Camp is an all-Girls Coding Camp.
Who Can Apply: Rising 9th through 12th graders who attend high school in Northeast Ohio are eligible to apply.
2. Cyber Security Camp -This camp will introduce high school students to the concept of Cyber Security. Through the implementation of various hands-on labs and challenges, students will learn to recognize and find cyber security vulnerabilities, as well as strengthen cyber security practices, all based on real world circumstances.
Who Can Apply: Rising 9th through 12th graders with previous experience with C# or C++, including students who have previously attended High School Coding Camp, have previous school-based experience, or are self taught.
Host Institutions: Camps run from June – August 2017
RITE partners with TECH CORPS to offer summer coding camps, hosted by regional colleges and universities.
• Baldwin Wallace University
• Cleveland State University
• Cuyahoga Community College-Western Campus
• Kent State University
• Lakeland Community College
• Lorain County Community College
• The University of Akron