Passport to IT Careers
Friday, April 28, 2017
Passport to IT Careers is RITE’s premier annual event and the anchor talent event of OHTec’s Tech Week. At the Passport hundreds of students from regional public and private schools and over a hundred employers, IT professionals and educators come together to meet and engage in an exciting, high-energy IT conference designed to grow the IT talent pipeline.
The fifth annual Passport to IT Careers is going to be held at the Global Center for Health Innovation and the Cleveland Convention Center. This will enable us to offer both the three hallmark Passport sessions as well as some exciting new programming.Three Passport Sessions:
- Career Passport: Students meet with IT professionals to learn firsthand about different careers.
- Education Passport: Students speak with RITE colleges and universities about their academic and experiential programs, student life, and unique campus offerings.
- Northeast Ohio Passport: Students learn why they should return or stay in NEO to grow their IT career and build a life.
Additional New Programming:
- HIMSS Innovation Center: (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) Students learn about healthcare IT and Cyber security through interactive kiosks and videos.
- Global Center Showrooms: Students will tour the Global Center showrooms and learn about companies such as the Cleveland Clinic, Cisco, Metrohealth, Philips and GE.
- Student IT Showcase: Students who participating in regional IT competitions will present their projects to the student and business attendees. Last year 90 student projects were submitted to the CoolTech Challenge.
- Industry IT Showcase: Employers from all industry sectors who hire IT professionals will have exhibit tables where students can learn more about possible internships and future employment.