ENGAGING STUDENTS IN IT CAREERS
Become a RITE Premier School by enrolling in two or more RITE PORTFOLIO PROGRAMS or RITE PARTNER PROGRAMS listed below. RITE Premier Schools receive a $200 gift card and a frame-able rewards certificate acknowledging your support of student career development. LEARN MORE
RITE HIGH SCHOOL PORTFOLIO PROGRAMS:
These are programs RITE manages and offers to regional high schools.
- Guest Speaker Educators invite IT professionals to present information about their job, career pathway and education in the classrooms.
- Site Visits An opportunity for students to visit local companies and learn about IT careers first hand.
- CoolTech Challenge , created by OHTec: Students dream up cool web and app ideas to win prizes and to present at the newly formed Student IT Showcase during the Passport to IT Careers in April.
- Summer Coding Camp (in collaboration with TECH CORPS): This is a hands-on week-long learning experience located at local colleges in the region.
- Passport to IT Careers Schools from across the Northeast Ohio region and employers meet to inform students about IT careers, regional educational options and local employer opportunities.
- UP Close in IT: Schools in Lorain County attend a half-day event where students learn about IT careers an educational options while also participating in three hands-on IT experiences.
Leading IT educators from the region’s colleges and universities have been instrumental in shaping RITE’s endeavors and now serve as either members or partners of the organization. These post-secondary institutions are integrally involved in RITE providing thought leadership to the organization’s strategies and programs including active participation in RITE’s high school portfolio of programs.
Through Get IT Here!, RITE works with employers and IT organizations region-wide to offer students a dynamic range of IT career exploration offerings. Click the programs to the left for more information and to register for each program.